If your kitchen features only an old toaster and some run-down dishes, you really need to do some serious shopping for your kitchen. To help you out, we have created a list of the 30 kitchen appliances that are absolutely necessary for any modern kitchen.
Even if you already have a solid kitchen setup, feel free to check the list and find which additional appliances you need to purchase for your kitchen.
- Food Processor: This is a must-have for any kitchen. The multi-purpose appliance is capable of grinding nuts, chopping vegetables, pureeing potatoes and lots of other things.
- Blender: Do I need to introduce the blender to you? I guess not.Other than the regular juices, you can use this machine for preparing smoothies and milkshakes too.
- Spice Grinder: The name says it all for this appliance. In case you didn’t notice the name, it grinds the spice and provides better taste to your dishes.
- Salt Shaker: Adding some elegant salt shakers to your existing kitchen appliances will definitely up the game.
- Colander: The colander is useful for different kinds of tasks. You can use it to wash the rice, drain your pasta or for cleaning vegetables.
- Six inch Sieve: With the same functionality as the colander, sieves are provided with smaller holes. These are perfect for sifting flower or other powdery things.
- Cast-iron Skillet: This universal cooking appliance will help you to cook almost anything. The skillet could be put on top of a stove or in the oven.
- Splatter Screen: Having hot oil split over the face is not a pretty experience. Use the splatter screen to cover up whatever you are cooking and save yourself from incoming hot oil.
- Knife Set: Every kitchen should have at least one set of great kitchen knives. And if you are really passionate, you can go for professional chef knives too.
- Tongs: When you need to move the food you are cooking, tongs come in handy. They are available in different sizes and shapes.
- Fish Flipper: Being delicate, it is hard to toss and turn fish with tongs. For that purpose, you will need a fish flipper.
- Spatula: Spatulas come in handy for spreading or mixing spices or other cooking ingredients. Rubber spatulas last longer than the traditional ones.
- Potato Peeler: If you want to get rid of the potato peeling agonies, getting a potato peeler is the best options for you.
- Tasting Spoon: This one is also self-explanatory. However, make sure that you have got separate testing spoon for different things like salt, pepper of spice.
- Metal Skewers: If you do a lot of grilling, investing in a metal skewer is perfectly sensible for you. It will also help you in making kebabs.
- Cutting Board: The premium quality knives are expensive. You don’t want to ruin them by using cheap cutting boards. Go for the wooden or end-grain cutting boards.
- Mixing Bowls: Mixing bowls are generally offered as a set. And you can use the bowls for storing food, keeping leftover,marinate meat or any other task.
- Measuring Cups: Even if you are not a professional chef, the mixing cups will still come in handy for measuring rice, pasta or any other measurable ingredients.
- Can Opener: Choose a multi-purpose can opener and you can open almost any type of can and box. They are cheap too.
- Storage Containers: I think this one doesn’t need any introduction too. Just make sure that you have got plenty of them.
- Citrus Juicer: Often we need to squeeze a lemon, lime or squash. Doing that by hand is exhausting. Instead, use the citrus juicer. This will do the job in a more efficient way.
When it comes to kitchen appliances, there is no limit or a specific number. It all depends on your budget, taste and requirements. However, the appliances mentioned above are necessary for almost any kitchen.
Have I missed anything? Feel free to leave a comment below.