Visitors of Canada are the people who lawfully come to Canada with a temporary Visa either for study, tourism or for other leisure purposes. They are not Canadian by citizenship or permanent resident or hold the minister’s permit of Canada. So, every visitor, unless they are from exempted nations, needs to apply and obtain the Canada Immigration Visitor Visa before appearing at the Port of Entry or POE. Visitors who are required to have a valid visa must be in the possession of visa when they appear at the POE.
Types of Canada Immigration Visitor Visa
There are two different types of immigration visitor visa for Canada namely:
- Single Entry – This is the type of immigration visitor visa which allows the visa holders to enter Canada only once in a year. Once the visitor returns back, they would require a new visa again to enter the nation. However, if the visitor is traveling to USA, Miquelon or St. Pierre, then they are not required to apply and obtain a new visa to return to Canada during the validity of the existing Visa
- Multiple Entry – As the name suggests, this is the type of immigration visitor visa which allows the visitors to come and go to Canada again and again for multiple times in the time frame of 6 months without having to reapply for a new visa. This visa allows you to come and go for multiple times in a time frame of 6 months and it is valid up to 10 years.
Eligibility for Obtaining Canada Immigration Visitor Visa
In a bid to apply and obtain Canada Immigration Visitor Visa you are required to produce the following the documents:
- Your assets and financial status
- Valid passport
- Your fiscal resources to pay your expenses during your stay
- Proof to return back to our nation before the visa expires
- Intention to visit the nation
- You have no intention to seek or undertake any employment in the country
- Proof to ensure you have no criminal involvement and don’t pose any security risk
- You agree to adhere to the laws of the country
Steps for Applying for Canada Immigration Visitor Visa
There are two ways to apply for the immigration visitor visa for Canada
- Online – To apply for Canada Visitor Visa Online you need to have valid credit card and camera and scanner so as to produce electronic copies of your supporting documents and make the visa cost online
- Offline – To apply offline you need to download the application form for the visa and checklist of the documents and follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Fill out the application form for applying the visa to Canada. And ensure to write down the barcode page as it will help you to track your application
- Pay the required processing fees through bank draft or certified check
- Visit the Canadian Visa Application Centre and submit the Application form
- Now wait and check the application status online by entering the unique tracking number provided to you at the time of submission of the application.